Thursday, August 9, 2012


 Hello again! It's Thursday (already!) and summer break is quickly coming to an end. It is definitely bittersweet as I love having some free time, but I am also really looking forward to meeting the staff and students at my new school soon. I have several teaching projects in the works right now. I just finished a new multiplication game called Dinosaur Dash. This game can be used in math centers or in small group math instruction. I had many students working towards multiplication mastery last year but fact mastery was not too exciting for them. Multiplication games were a great way to get students engaged while reinforcing their skills. Plus, the students seemed more engaged in the core instruction if they knew they were going to play a game afterwards!

Here are some images from Dinosaur Dash! What I especially like about this game is the fact that the cards are designed so students can self-check their answers. This means they can play the game with a partner without practicing incorrect answers! It also means that I can meet with groups for small group math instruction or with individuals who need targeted practice. The cards are also color coded for easy differentiation. There are 4 "levels" of cards- red borders contain multiplication facts with factors 0-5, green borders contain factors 0-9, blue borders contain factors 6-12, and orange borders are multiplication word problems. The game board, playing pieces, cards and recording sheets are all included in this resource.



Dinosaur Theme!

(You can also use the game cards as flash cards by printing them and hole punching the top corner. Add to a ring for student practice rings!)


This resource is available at my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Thanks for stopping by- have a great day! :)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacie,
    Glad I found your blog on the TPT forum and I have just become your newest follower!
    Just want to wish you lots of fun and success with your blog!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa! Thanks for your comment- I'm excited about blogging. I visited your blog as well and am a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through the Seller's Forum and I am so glad I did! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!
    Drop by anytime :)

    Tracy
    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy! I just stopped by your blog and am now following you. Your back to school Olympic Games pack looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete